5 Things to do Before Putting Your Home on the Market
- Have a pre-sale home inspection. Be proactive by arranging for a pre-sale home inspection. An inspector will be able to give you a good indication of the trouble areas that will stand out to potential buyers, and you’ll be able to make repairs before open houses begin.
- Organize and clean. Pare down clutter and pack up your least-used items, such as large blenders and other kitchen tools, out-of-season clothes, toys, and exercise equipment. Store items off-site or in boxes neatly arranged in the garage or basement. Clean the windows, carpets, walls, lighting fixtures, and baseboards to make the house shine.
- Get replacement estimates. Do you have big-ticket items that are worn our or will need to be replaced soon, such your roof or carpeting? Get estimates on how much it would cost to replace them, even if you don’t plan to do it yourself. The figures will help buyers determine if they can afford the home, and will be handy when negotiations begin.
- Find your warranties. Gather up the warranties, guarantees, and user manuals for the furnace, washer and dryer, dishwasher, and any other items that will remain with the house.
- Spruce up the curb appeal. Pretend you’re a buyer and stand outside of your home. As you approach the front door, what is your impression of the property? Do the lawn and bushes look neatly manicured? Is the address clearly visible? Are pretty flowers or plants framing the entrance? Is the walkway free from cracks and impediments?
10 Low Cost Ways to Make Your Lake of the Woods Home Buyers Say WOW!
These low cost strategies to make your Lake of the Woods and surrounding areas home more appealing are sure to have your potential buyers saying WOW! Plus these tips are quick and easy.
- Mow the lawn and trim the bushes – especially the ones that block your windows and diminish sunlight.
- Purchase a new doormat.
- Add a bright pot of flowers (or even a small evergreen in winter) on your front porch.
- Replace any old, tarnished doorknobs on your doors and polish or replace your house numbers.
- Power-wash your driveway, sidewalk, and the exterior siding of your home.
- Edge the grass around walks and trees plus add fresh mulch to your planting beds.
- Purchase a new mailbox.
- Upgrade the outdoor lighting for a feeling of safety (yes, buyers drive by your home at night too) and to add dramatic effect.
- Clean your gutters.
- Place a seasonal wreath on your front door.
Lake of the Woods Home Selling Made Easier!
While there are many details to be handled during the sale of your home, from preparing your home for the market, pricing the property correctly, negotiating offers, inspections, and so on, you can breathe easier knowing every detail will be handled on your behalf to your complete satisfaction. Contact Pat, your real estate expert for more information about a complimentary pre-listing consultation today!
Request Your Complimentary Home Evaluation
While many real estate agents still use the old fashion “PFA” (Pulled From the Air) method to determine the fair market value of your home, I will remove all the guesswork when your home is evaluated. Your home will be priced properly using current data to perform a Comparative Market Analysis (CMA). In the CMA, Pat will collect and compare data for homes that have recently sold in your neighborhood. This system will analyze homes that are comparable to yours in terms of house size, lot size, improvements, locations, and schools.