It’s a fact: You feel better when the space around you is organized and free and clear of clutter. There are some easy steps you take to tackle getting the job done.
- Include everyone in the house in the project. Talk about the plan and how to execute.
- Divide and conquer: Pick small sections of a room and work that till complete, then move on. It will be less overwhelming that way.
- Clean for 10 minutes every day. Pick your time and see what you can accomplish in small burst.
- Unpack all bags that come into the house immediately.
- Divide all unwanted stuff in 4 piles or boxes: Keep-Sell-Donate-Trash
- Everything has a home inside and outside. Make sure it goes there!
- If family members do not want your treasures, find out which organizations could really use them and donate.
- Pare down on paper and photos. Sort through the piles and shred what you can.
- Be realistic about your belongings. If you will never wear it, use it or love it again, get rid of it!
- REMEMBER: YOU CAN’T TAKE IT WITH YOU!!
There are many resources around that can help with projects like this. Let us know if you have any questions and we will be glad to help!
Whether you’re looking for homes for sale in Lake of the Woods VA or Waterfront property in Virginia we are your professionals for Stafford, Fredericksburg, Spotsylvania, Locust Grove, Central Virginia, and Greater Virginia, we are your proven Real Estate professionals. Thinking of selling? In any market condition, “what is my home worth?” is the #1 question asked by home owners. If you wish to sell your home, it needs to be sold for top dollar and in a timely manner. Pricing your home accurately, Pat will partner with you to make the selling process so much easier. Get started today by calling us at (540) 388-2541 or contact Pat Licata.
To see available Lake of the Woods properties, please visit our site.